Friday 1 April 2011

Snippets

So, a bit of a mish mash post today - just snippets of my week.  A bit of this and a bit of that. 
Tuesday saw baby nut having a fine old time with a mixing bowl full of water and a straw.
There was rather a lot of mopping up/drying off/stripping off of wet clothes that ensued, but it was totally worth it - she had a brilliant time even though she couldn't for the life of her work out how the straw made bubbles when I had it, but didn't when she had it.  Bless her cotton socks.
On Wednesday I got almost tragically excited about this little treasure that I found in a local vintage/antique/junk shop:
It's the perfect solution to my birthday cake dilemma.  What do you make the child who can't eat any of the ingredients in a cake?  Why, you make her a birthday jelly.  Natch. 
Today saw some new arrivals at the house of a good friend:
Hello girls - hope you don't get eaten by the fox like your predecessors! 
I am so desperate to get some hens, but really we just can't fit them in our garden (which is actually more of a garden slash football pitch) so I just have to satisfy my henly longings by popping round to visit these ladies occasionally.
And finally, my current interim project - bedroom bunting for the daughter of another good friend.
I'm using my favourite yarn - Rowan handknit cotton, and have been following a pattern that I adapted from the inspirational Crochet with Raymond blog.  I say adapted - actually I thought I was just all-out copying it, but it turns out I didn't read the instructions for the edging properly and so ended up doing my own thing!  The result looks fine, and I'm really pleased with it so far - just the blocking and a bit of embellishment left to go.
Right, now I need to get cracking on the preparations for baby nut's birthday on Sunday.  Jelly anyone?  x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your blog...it looks great. Really pretty and your crochet'd things are gorgeous. Really must learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jelly bunny, wonderful, too cute, sending birthday wishes from Oz.

    I know what you mean about wanting chickens. I have wanted my very own since I was 3 y.o. a looooooooooooong time ago.
    I now have my own and love it, so be patient it will happen. It's good that you can enjoy visiting your friends chooks.

    Beautiful bunting Emily, just love the colours too. I must get on and crochet some for myself. It seems to quite popular in blogland at the moment.

    Hope you had a great Mother's Day,

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete