Wednesday 13 April 2011

Hama happy

Gorgeous, gorgeous tulip.  
This little beauty has opened up in my garden in the last two days, much to my delight.  The buds seemed to be teasing us - looking for days like they were about to pop open, but staying firmly shut tight.
We are at that brilliant time of year when everything is bursting into life and green, white and pink clouds of colour are everywhere.  I just love it.
The children and I have really been enjoying the time off from the routine and hard work of school.  Mr Nut doesn't finish until Friday, so the little nuts and I have been just relishing in some time at home before we all go away to Dorset next week (yippee!)
Every day the two bigger nuts and I have planned an activity for when baby nut is asleep and we can concentrate in peace (baby sisters can be such a distraction, you know).  Today it was Hama beads.  I've only just discovered these beasties and I have to say, I'm completely addicted.  Hi, my name's Emily and I'm a Hama-holic...
And here are their finished masterpieces!  Two drinks mats and a skunk - note the green cloud above the skunk's tail - this is the pong, apparently.  Ah, the humour of seven-year-old boys...
Yet again, I'm proving to myself that I'm incapable of concentrating on just one thing at a time (though the springtime throw has been by no means neglected - I'm up to 140 squares now - yippee skippee!) and I've got myself started on another interim project.  Here's a taster:
The yarn I'm using is Debbie Bliss handknit cotton DK and I'm finding it really pleasing and easy to work with.
My inspiration has come from this:
and this:
 (photos from Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench and Rowan Crochet Workshop)
And I'm hoping to create a pattern something like this:
Watch this space! x

No comments:

Post a Comment