Thursday 7 April 2011

Flower power

For me, part of the whole blogging experience is learning to better appreciate the small things.  This is something I haven't always been very good at in the past and I have really noticed, since I started my little blog, how much pleasure there is in the minutiae of every day life.  Thinking about what I am going to blog about, noticing something pretty to photograph, seeing something that someone else has blogged about, have all made me appreciate life's little surprises right under my nose.
Today, with a bit of a damp, drizzly day outside my window, I am finding a little bit of sunshine looking through my recent photographs of flowers, both crocheted:
 
and real:
 
 
 
Even my poor, neglected front garden is managing to grow some real little beauties.  I found this brave viola (violet?) growing in the middle of the lawn - I couldn't possibly chop if off, so I mowed around it!
I hope your day is full of colour too. x

2 comments:

  1. Love your crochet flowers and loved that you mowed around the viola rather than chop it off! awwwwww!

    Have a lovely day!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, I love the colours of your crocheted flowers, very Spring like. They remind me or raspberries and cream, yummy.

    Great pics from the garden too and how sweet to mow around the Viola.
    I probably would've picked it and put it in a teeny, tiny vase.........

    Have a great weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete