Thursday 28 April 2011

Crochet update - April

If I had a watering can like this one, I'd water my plants every day, rain or shine.
Anyway, I'm getting distracted from the task in hand: a crochet update for April.  I've decided I'm going to do this at the end of every month so that you can see what I've been pootling away at, and so that I've got some sort of record to show me that, despite the chaos, I do manage to achieve some things some times!
So, without further ado, I bring you April's activities.  Hurrah!
Firstly I bring you my little stars bunting.  This was a very quick and lovely project to work on and the stars look perfectly at home on my bedroom mirror now, which is where I'd always visualised them.  I first saw these at the lovely Tales from Cuckoo Land blog - thank you for the idea, Cuckoo!
I am extremely partial to a bit of bunting, as you may have realised by now if you've been reading my blog for a while.  I think it's just so pretty and cheerful and I am in grave danger of my house being completely over-run by it (cue long-suffering eye-roll from Mr Nut).  In fact, I might set up the Bunting Appreciation Society for all like-minded flag-addicts.  
This brings me neatly on to my second April project: bedroom bunting.  This pattern came from the gorgeous Crochet with Raymond blog (with slight, unintentional alterations by me!)
It's a present for a lovely friend's daughter's birthday, which is in June and I reeeealllly hope she likes it!
My third project for April is my little flower squares cushion, which I finished today and which I haven't stopped gazing at since because I love it.
This project just came from my head (though I did follow patterns for the actual squares) and it all just fell into place most serendipitously - good karma all round!
The front and back are different:
 
I am going to find it very hard to let the children anywhere near this cushion for fear that they may sully its pristine whiteness.  Ugh, sticky little fingers grabbing at (shudder).  I think I probably just need to get over that though - the stress would finish me off! x
PS - springtime throw square count is up to 186!!!  Yippeee skippeee!

5 comments:

  1. There's an award for you over at mine, forgot to tell you earler. How funny that I popped by and found you'd mentioned me today too. Honestly spooky things are happening to me at the mo!

    So much crochet deliciousness, love it all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Loving the bunting! I've just finished my own lot of 'Crochet by Raymond' bunting tonight and can't wait to get it hung up tomorrow! I love the way you've crocheted flowers at the ends of the bunting.

    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, your crochet hook has been running hot this month.......

    Gorgeous bunting both stars and flags Where do I sign up for the B.A.S?

    Your cushion has turned out beautifully, looooove the colours. I'm sure you'll get over the kids and sticky fingers thing, but like you I would be a bit on tenterhooks at first.

    Thanks for popping by and I shall pass your birthday wishes on to Rich....... Have a great weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunting and the different colours used and the cushion looks great too.! Enjoy your weekend. Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I especially love the little flower at the start of the bunting....please can we do that in my lessons please :-)!!

    ReplyDelete