Friday 15 April 2011

The latest project gets a name...

Just a quick little update on my latest project today.  I'm so excited about this creation.  I've even given it a name.  It's called 'little flower squares cushion'.  Whaddaya reckon?  Snappy name, eh?
I am completely in love with this project.  The yarn is lovely to work with, the finished squares feel gorgeous and soft and, even though I'm making it up as I go along, it's turning out exactly as I had pictured it.  Yippee!
I am racing through it (at the cost of things like feeding the children, but hey, they can fend for themselves - I've got my priorities, you know!)
I wasn't 100% sure about the colours when I got the yarn home, but now I love them.  I like to think they're ever so slightly Cath Kidston-esque (I can dream!)  I need to jiggle the little outer squares about a bit before I join them up (can't have two red middles next to each other, clearly) and then I need to work out if I've got enough yarn left to do a second side - always a bonus in a cushion, I find.
I'll end on a colourful little photograph that big nut took all by himself of his Easter crafty activities, and a joke that middle nut thrilled us with the other day:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Colin.  Uh, no, wait.  Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Carrot
Carrot who?
Colin carrot
Brilliant!

3 comments:

  1. Knock knock.
    Who's there?
    I done up.
    I done up who?
    Oh you smelly git! ha ha haaaaaa!

    It's the only joke I know. Has to be said out loud to be appreciated.

    To get pages in your side bar you go to the design page, click on add a gadget in the place you want it, just like you did when adding your picture of the cadbury's mini eggs. The gadget page will pop up and you select "pages". You have to do your post in the "edit pages" window instead of "edit post/new post window". Click on edit pages, next to edit post in the posting window and it'll invite you to make a new page.

    Does any of that make sense? I'll keep trying to direct you till you get your recipes where you want them. I am pretty crap at computer stuff but I'll always help whenever I am able

    Enjoy Hansons, lucky duck x

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choice of colours for your crochet project.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily your cushion colours are stunning, great little squares. Can't wait to see it finished. And Yes, there is something very Cath Kidston about them.

    Well done to big nut for taking such a good pic, cute craft too and I love the 'knock knock' joke. Shall have to try and remember that one.

    Enjoy your weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete