Sunday 15 May 2011

A weekend, in just ten minutes

I have to be especially speedy with my blog post tonight - Mr Nut has to use the computer for job applications, and he's currently sitting next to me just looking at me in a way that, tragically, doesn't mean 'I really adore you, you are simply wonderful' (though, underneath it all, I'm sure he does...) but instead he's looking at me in a way that says 'if you don't type at the speed of light and get off that bloomin Blogger, I will have to tie your hands behind your back and steal the laptop from under your nose'.  So, you see, I need to be quick because I'm getting looks.
Due to the silent pressure being exerted on me, I can't do a run down of my weekend (which has been a pretty darn good one) as I'd planned; so instead I'm going to show you a few photos I took on the walk we all went on this afternoon and I'm setting myself the challenge of summing up the past two days in just ten words.  Hmmmmm.  Photos first, I think:
Couldn't go for a walk without taking a gratuitous beech shot - oh, how I do love these trees.  One day I will win the lottery and I'll buy a house with a garden big enough for some beech trees (or hey, why think on such a small scale?  I'll just buy an arboretum.  Gotta have a dream...)
My baby girl, in her baby boy's shoes.  Bless her.  I wonder how long it will be before she has an Opinion about boys' shoes?  She already has an opinion about most other things.
Right-ho, now my ten words.
Happy
Friends
Food
Mojitos (spooky that you mentioned those, Cuckoo; I had the best one ever yesterday!)
Rain
Children
Scary car
Freedom
Woods
And there we have it - my weekend in a nutshell.  Hope yours was good too x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fab weekend. We have a beech hedge in our garden - the colour of the leaves is amazing, so vibrant. Can I congratulate you on producing a post in such a short time - if my husband was staring at me whilst writing a post, I am sure I would have suddenly developed writers' block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for that job!

    You gotta love a Moijto hey! Hope you did go all 80's fringed again like my mojito hair don't!!

    I'm having a shuffle about with my blog list and your are going on it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps nope, the top in my post is from Tu and was only a fiver so I was happy for it to go wrong, so pleased with the results though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Saw your comment on Cuckoo's answering my query about rolling balls of wool and lot numbers, thanks for responding. I'm loving that Mrs Cuckoo... So, YES! I really want to make the springtime throw from the Nicki Trench book I bought. It looks beautiful but buying 32 balls of wool is a bit steep in one go. Are you making one? Are there pictures on your blog? Did you buy all 32 balls in one go? Questions questions!! ;-)

    Laughed at your description of your hubby giving you 'looks'... I get those all the time when I'm on the laptop - I think he is generally concerned I might be buying something though!

    Nicki x
    www.the-home-bird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a read of your springtime throw posts earlier. I CANNOT BELIEVE that you only started crocheting in February. Me too! How come you're so good at it - and so quick?! Not fair. I have grasped the granny square, but now I can't do anything else when I try, I've been treble crocheting for so long. It's a bit like riding a bike and not knowing how to stop...

    What type of yarn have you chosen for your throw? I want to do mine in cream and neutral colours but I thought I'd find out how I could afford the yarn first. The stuff I fancy making it from is the Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK but at a fiver a pop it's too pricey.

    Nicki x

    ReplyDelete