Sunday 8 May 2011

The treat scarf is underway!

To say I've been indecisive about what to do with my lovely, lovely Sublime yarn (which I blogged about in my 'we love Dorset' post), is a bit of an understatement.  I am normally Captain Decision (hmmmm, maybe I'm normally even Captain Hasty Decision) so it was a bit of a surprise to me to find myself in such a mahoosive quandry about this project.  I knew I wanted to make a scarf, because to not have this yarn worn against my skin would, quite frankly, be a crime.  But could I for the life of me decide what pattern to make?  No.  I could not.  In fact, I even had a wobble about the colours I'd chosen, and ended up swapping the petrolly grey one for another ball of the greeny colour. 
When I got back home from our few days away, and began to think about what I might do with my new yarn, I realised that to have only two colours is a bit of problem.  Just one colour?  No problem.  Lots of different colours?  Great.  Two colours?  Whaaaaat???
I initially toyed with this design:
But after making seven of the blighters, I realised that I just wasn't feeling the love for these swirly squares (pretty though they are).  So I unpicked the whole lot and sat down and scratched my head a bit more.  Then I had a cup of tea.  Then I looked on Ravelry.  Then I had a glass of wine.  Then I slept on it.  Then I realised the thing that had been staring me in the face the whole time: it could only be stripes.
Classic, lovely stripes.
And I'm really lucky, because I have a personal crochet assistant, who is on hand to help me at all times x

4 comments:

  1. Love the blue and white stripes! It looks like such lovely soft yarn..
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat stripes ;) Leah x

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhh loving the stripes! Perfect choice....I guess I would say that!!! ha ha! It's looking lovely! I got some lovely blue and cream yarn for christmas and started a stripy scarf, but I ran out of yarn and havn't yet bought more! I will hopefully have it done for when the Autumn arrives!!!!!!!

    Happy Stripy Hooking!!!!!!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stipes - I love stripes - and dots! It's all looking really rather lovely...almost nautical.

    Nina xx

    ReplyDelete