Tuesday 8 March 2011

Sneaky peek

A little later than promised, but here it is - a sneaky peek at my latest hooky project.  I can't completely reveal this project yet, as it's a housewarming present for a friend who hasn't yet moved.  Don't want to spoil the surprise now...
I found this lovely Rowan Wool Cotton on my recent trip to Dorset.  This is the nicest yarn to work with, it's smooth and soft and feels gorgeous when it's made up and the colours are just lovely (my camera's doing odd things again today - aagh).  For some inexplicable reason, I felt the need to make hexagons:
and the only other thing I can confirm without giving the game away is that I am very proud of my little picot edging, which I tried for the first time:
(Oh, I'm so disappointed with the colour of these photos - what's going on with my camera?  Some days it just won't play ball)
I'm going to end this post today with what Mr Nut called a 'gratuitous bagel shot'.   Now, call me a calorie-addict, but there's nothing gratuitous about bagels in my book...
Particularly when the bagel shot in question is teamed with a gratuitous jam shot:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm happy days x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily, me again.....

    Love the colour of your sneaky project, despite your camera no behaving it looks lovely. Am sure your friend will be thrilled with it.

    Alway need a gratuitous bagel pic of scone photo, hehehe.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete